Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hurry Spring Thaw!

Oh what a beautiful day, but everything is still froze! 
Got a fence down and some pick up today, but even at 45 degrees there is ice everywhere, so clean up is done today. I am really ready to get the Lettuce in the round, maybe Tuesday, a couple days of 40's and a promised day of rain Monday just maybe.

So the mailman came today and brought me a book, and I would recommend this to the Gardner of any level! Here I just thought it was gonna be a book on suggestive plantings of which veggies and herbs grow well together and which doesn't. Which it is packed full of even grasses, grains, fruits, trees, weeds and more, however to my surprise the author Louise Riotte has put some wonderful garden layouts, mulch ideas birds, insects, and some great medicinal uses too!

Now I have only had it in had for a couple of hours but I am really suggesting this, even people with an apartment she has a great balcony layout! I am gonna try a few things Corn and cucumbers what a great natural way to grow your cukes on the trellis ! I always new basil next to tomatoes but didn't realize how well parsley will do too! Did you know Raccoon's do not like Cucumbers hmmm. She even has added a great Poison plants section  I always knew Lilly of the Valley was very full of poisons and even the Rhubarb leaf,though I did not know the Hydrangea leaf was.

A great section on improving soils too! 

So a definate Grab off the shelf book and a great reference book this will be. We got our copy from Amazon.

by Louise Riotte


I would love to hear if you try anything or have out of this book and how it worked out did ya see a difference good or bad? Let me know this year! I defiantly will be posting on some I try.

Have a beautiful day
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment