Monday, March 4, 2013

Last winter day?

    Good March 4th Morning, as I look at the snow on the ground and the wind on my face this morning, I couldn't help but thinking that at the end of this week it will be gone, and we will be feeling spring in the air. I loved the winter this year, but I am ready for spring, and getting my hands in the dirt, seed packets are all around my work area, hubby and I making last plans on the last seed order, and this Saturday I should be putting the first of the Lettuce in the ground, how good does that sound?  
Fresh salads  soon to come and no more store bought and spending the time trying to find lettuce that isn't browning making sure it is non GMO etc, grown right from our land mmmm. Then come the tomatoes, peas, cucumbers oh yummy! 
I am gonna be trying this new seed planting 4-6 weeks before last hard frost but of course also plant the way I know. I will share with ya the results. Also doing a cucumber tower over the lettuce, so much experimenting this year I can't wait. 

Is there anything new you are trying this year? Something new that isn't your norm? How about new seeds? My newest seed for me to try this year will be the Japaneses Cucumber, and some new Herbs. Hubby is gonna invest in Stevia this year, can't wait to try out some recipes with that. 
So I am ending this winter day blog post with thoughts of spring and planting and looking forward to summer harvest. 
Have a beautiful day!
.............PS Ya I know there is more snow in my soon future, but I can block that for now, and enjoy this little glimpse of spring the end of this week and weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment